Szczęśliwice - the green enclave of Ochota district
Szczęśliwice is a housing estate located in the western part of Ochota district, which is located on the left bank of the Vistula, surrounded by four districts: Wola, Mokotów, Śródmieście and Włochy. The borders of Szczęśliwice are defined by such streets as Grójecka and Bitwy Warszawskiej 1920 as well as the lines of the Radom and Viennese railways. The name itself has a historical background – it comes from the village of Stenclewice, which in the 16th century was the property of the Stenclewski family, descendants of Gotard of Rakow. Szczęśliwice is characterized by a large number of extensive green areas and numerous bicycle paths – both elements have a beneficial effect on the quality of life of residents. This part of Ochota is known especially because of the Szczęśliwicki Park, as well as the history commemorated by monuments and numerous tenement houses. Szczęśliwice is a popular choice among an increasing number of people due to its proximity to the center of Warsaw, as well as attractive areas.
Living in Szczęśliwice
Szczęśliwice is a modern housing estate, a business center of Warsaw due to the numerous presence of company offices, commercial and service infrastructure. The area offers a wide range of options for an active lifestyle due to the impressive number of parks. One of them, the most iconic, is Szczęśliwicki Park, built in the 1960s and recently modernized as a contemporary recreation and sports zone with many attractions: it has an open swimming pool, which is a perfect choice for hot summer days, as well as indoor swimming pool, which is worth checking during the cold season. In addition, there are a number of other entertainment facilities: children’s playgrounds, volleyball court, outdoor gym, kayak rental. Moreover, the park is also a great place for family walks, jogging, Nordic walking and yoga exercises. The central point of the park is Górka Szczęśliwicka, which includes a ski resort and ski slope operating all year round, allowing you to enjoy the charms of winter sports without leaving the city, even when there is no snow. In addition, areas full of greenery include Fort Szczęśliwicki, as well as the Square of Good Maharaja, stretching along Grójecka and Opaczewska Streets.
There are two fashionable shopping centers within Szczęśliwice: Blue City and Atrium Reduta.
A definite advantage of this part of Ochota is its location near the city center and extensive public transportation network : numerous bus and tram stops guarantee dynamic connections with other districts of Warsaw. Comfortable and instant access is also established to the Chopin airport, which is a great advantage for frequent travelers.
Well-developed urban infrastructure, the presence of numerous service and catering outlets, shopping centers and a multitude of green areas ensure attractive living conditions for Szczęśliwice residents.
Advantages of Szczęśliwice
- Numerous green areas and bike paths,
- High level of education in kindergartens and schools,
- Convenient transport connection – many trams and buses,
- The close proximity of the center of Warsaw
Real estate market in Szczęśliwice
The buildings in this part of Ochota are varied: it is divided into residential, office and commercial areas. Residential offers include single-family houses, atmospheric tenement houses, as well as modern apartment buildings, which are part of newly emerging luxury investments. The interest in real estate in this part of Ochota is still growing, which reflects in particular the demand for apartments in modern housing estates. Office and commercial buildings are mainly buildings along Jerozolimskie Avenue. The cost of renting an apartment in this part of Ochota ranges from PLN 4,000 – 12,000 per month, while the house’s rent amounts to PLN 12,000 – 20,000 per month. The price per square meter on the secondary market starts from PLN 12,000 – 14,000. In the case of premises on the primary market, depending on the standard, prices are up to PLN 13,000 per square meter. Experts from Lions Estate forecast an increase in property prices in this area due to the proximity of the center and the continuous development.
Real estate market in Szczęśliwice
Modern housing estates emerging in the central district of Warsaw are created according to the latest architectural trends. Apartments in Szczęśliwice were created with a view to ensuring many amenities to their tenants – they are equipped with underground parking lots, bicycle rooms, playgrounds and green courtyards; moreover, 24-hour monitoring and security ensure safety. Modern apartment buildings are popular because they are a perfect combination of residential infrastructure with green vegetation. The high demand for real estate in this area is due in particular to the well-developed infrastructure and the short distance to the center of Warsaw.
Restaurants in Szczęśliwice
In Szczęśliwice there is a rich range of cuisines from various parts of the world; here you can taste Polish, Asian, American and Italian cuisine. There are several points located in the Szczęśliwicki Park itself, which encourage not only with excellent dishes, but also with views of luscious greenery.
- Biały Kredens Restaurant – located at 62A Włodarzewska Street, the restaurant specializes in Polish cuisine, serving new dishes every day on the menu.
- Pekin Duck Restaurant – located at 29A Drawska Street, near the Szczęśliwicki Park with a unique view, a restaurant representing excellent Chinese cuisine, especially two regions: Beijing and Sichuan.
- New West Side Restaurant is located in Park Szczęśliwicki, at 17 Usypiskowa Street, with a beautiful view of the lake and Górka Szczęśliwicka, creates a non-repetitive climate that makes you feel the unique atmosphere of Masuria.
- Saito Sushi Restaurant – a restaurant with top-class Japanese cuisine located at 66 Włodarzewska Street.
- Monticello Ristorante Restaurant – a place with delicious, true Italian cuisine, located near the Szczęśliwicki Park at 22 Drawska Street, with a view of the Górka Szczęśliwicka.
- Pink Flamingo Restaurant – a restaurant with traditional American cuisine located at 42 Lirowa Street with an extremely atmospheric design; the menu also includes vegetarian dishes.
- Meltemi Restaurant – a place serving Greek cuisine, near Górka Szczęśliwicka at 43 Opaczewska Street.
- Videlec Restaurant – a restaurant with a wide selection of lunch menus located at 194 Grójecka Street.