Foksal Residence - apartments worth every cent!
The Foksal Residence apartment building was founded in the place of the former Skarpa cinema, at Kopernika 5 Street in the immediate vicinity of Foksal and Nowy Świat streets. It is one of the most prestigious places in the Śródmieście area, surrounded by historical architecture and plenty of restaurants, atmospheric cafes, exclusive shops as well as cultural institutions.
Building of the Year
The investment’s realisation started in December 2009 and took two years. The first residents moved into the facility in January 2012. The apartment building received the main award in the category ‘Individually Evaluated Facilities’ in the 22nd edition of the annual construction competition ‘Construction of the Year 2011’.
Comfort and modernity
The building consists of 7 above-ground floors two underground suited for garages. In total, it comprises 41 apartments. Most premises measure area of over 100 square meters, while the top floors feature duplex penthouses with terraces.
The Foksal Residence apartment building was designed by architects from the Juvenes studio. They focused on creating a place that would refer to both pre-war tradition as well as modern style. They achieved this with a combination of modernism and art deco style.
The apartment building was built using the highest quality materials and with respect to detail. The body of the building is inspired by the best modernism models. Marble, travertine, onyx and various types of exotic wood were used to finish the elements in the Residence. The sandstone facade captivates with careful details made of orange travertine and eye-catching hand-made cast iron ornaments as well as decorative reliefs created by the world-famous artist Prof. Antoni Pastwa, author of, among others Apollo quadriga at the Grand Theater in Warsaw.
The facility consists of a residential, office and service parts, separated by a communication section with a separate entrance and reception. The lobby includes marble floors with granite embellishments. Indian rosewood veneer cut into diamonds on the side walls. The walls are lined with mirrors and marble. The Foksal Residence has also specially designed wooden letter boxes, with glass panels for the convenience of residents. In the wide hall there is a bird aviary, couches intended for rest, reception and elevators.
The apartments are characterized by spaciousness and the highest quality of workmanship. The building provides a 24-hour reception and concierge services.
On level -1 there is:
- private spa
- private pool with aquarium, which has been lined with colorful mosaic imitating waves
- squash hall
On level -2 there are:
- wine cellar
The Foksal Residence is a building that combines tradition and modernity. All flats and apartments have been equipped with the intelligent management systems.
All premises use the KNX or Lutron HomeWorks system, which allows you to control both heating, cooling, lighting as well as blinds. Comfort, Standby and Night operating modes at appropriate times adjust the set temperature to save energy and heat.
Each window in the premises is equipped with a special reed switch – room ventilation controller. If a window opening is detected, the controller goes into standby mode by blocking the cooling and heating function.
There are also used sensors in the premises to protect the blinds against strong winds.
The KNX system also allows you to control lighting in the dimming or brightening function. This allows you to generate so-called light scenes. With a single press a specific lighting arrangement is triggered adapted to the current use of the room, e.g. watching TV.
Around the Foksal Residence
The Vistula Boulevards and the Old Town with the representative Krakowskie Przedmieście are within walking distance. The public transport network in the area is well-developed, providing convenient access to numerous bus and tram lines, as well as to the metro.
- National Opera – the oldest and most famous opera theater in Poland. Recently it is experiencing its renaissance. Tickets for events are spreading very quickly. This is the place to be.
- Łazienki Królewskie – a beautiful, vast park and favorite place of Warsaw residents for long walks. Colloquially called ‘the happiest place in Warsaw’. It used to be the summer residence of King Stanisław August. Today it is represented by classicistic monuments and historical gardens.
- Palace of Culture and Science – the tallest and most recognizable building in Warsaw. It can be seen from nearly any place in the capital. During the summer, music resounds around the palace, theater and film screenings are held. In the winter, it is an excellent place for ice skating enthusiasts.
- The Fryderyk Chopin Museum is located in the historic Ostrogski Palace and is one of the most modern biographical museums in Europe. Thanks to the gathered exhibits and multimedia here, everyone can get to know both the composer’s life and his work.
- National Philharmonic – this is where you can enjoy global music. Symphonic, choral, chamber, recitals, children’s and educational concerts encourage to spend free time among the world’s leading artists.